This is a Software Development Engineer role at PillPack.
PillPack is a full service online pharmacy that sorts medication by the dose and provides convenient multi-dose packets, vials, and bulk medications to a patient's door. We believe in the best possible pharmacy experience for our customers. Our custom software powers our many clinical and operations specialists who work on our customers' behalf every day.
As a member of our engineering team, you will be at the intersection of the physical and digital world. You will be solving interesting and complex problems at every layer of the stack, and you will be helping to make a real difference for our end consumers. You will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with engineering, product, clinical / distribution, and customer care teams.
You will be expected to deliver testable, maintainable code to support our many ongoing initiatives. Additionally, you will be responsible for participating in design discussions, code review, and communicating with stakeholders.
PillPack is an independently operated subsidiary of Amazon, acquired in 2018.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years’ experience for every 1 year of education
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, Ruby, Python, or Perl
• A good engineer will demonstrate that they can proactively and continually improve their level of knowledge about PillPack's business and relevant technologies, and use this knowledge to deliver high quality, accurate software deliverables.
• Clear, professional communication skills able to contribute to team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions.
• Experience developing in a Linux environment
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.