Amazon is seeking a Financial Analyst to support the Vendor Investigations and Transactions Accuracy (VITA) team in Accounts Payable. Come join the team to help define how we look at fraud, abuse and waste across our business.
The successful candidate will take ownership and drive change in a dynamic global business environment by using data analytics techniques to organize and review large amounts of data quickly. This individual will ensure Amazon's Finance Operations processes stay ahead of risks in the vendor payments area. The scope of this role includes duplicates and erroneous payment detection and prevention with root cause analysis and reporting. This individual will be responsible for implementing a vendor risk analysis workflow through a culture of continuous inspection of processes, systems and key business initiatives with customer service passion.
The preferred candidate must be eager to drive improvements in the erroneous payment detection with the ability to work independently to achieve the team’s goals. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, has outstanding data analysis and auditing skills, is passionate about data and analytics, thinks globally, and has the ability to contribute innovative ideas.
· Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Analytics, Economics, Accounting or related technical field from an accredited institution
· Minimum of 6+ years of relevant professional experience in fraud prevention, risk management, audit, accounts payable, procurement or related field. Good understanding of the end to end P2P cycle.
· Advanced English skills, including excellent business writing with an ability to compose grammatically correct, concise and accurate responses and to communicate complex issues clearly to both internal and external customers
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including intermediate Excel.
· Strong leadership and analytical skills with the ability to work independently while in a team environment
· Advanced degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or other related areas
· Certified Fraud Examiner or other professional qualification like Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant or CIA.
· Six Sigma knowledge or certifications such as Green Belt or Yellow Belt
· Work experience in fraud investigations, internal or external audits and SOX compliance
· Strong forensic data analysis skills with experience writing SQL and using Tableau or QuickSite for visualization