Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of robotics and autonomous system technology? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you've got to check out the Amazon Scout team.
We’ve been hard at work developing a new, fully-electric delivery system – Amazon Scout – designed to get packages to customers using autonomous delivery devices. These devices were created by Amazon, are the size of a small cooler, and roll along sidewalks at a walking pace. We developed Amazon Scout at our research and development lab in Seattle, ensuring the devices can safely and efficiently navigate around pets, pedestrians and anything else in their path.
The Amazon Scout team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies, a love of solving complex challenges, and a desire to impact customers in a meaningful way. We're looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity, solving hard, large scale problems, and working in a startup like environment. To learn more about Amazon Scout, check out our Amazon Day One Blog post here: http://amazon.com/scout
As a Software Development Engineer specializing in Computer Vision and Perception, you have the chance to help develop cutting-edge robotic technology by combining perception, computer vision, and deep learning.
In this job you will:
· Collaborate with top-notch research scientists, software development engineers and hardware engineers to build high-quality production code
· Develop the core software including defining, scoping and launching a highly impactful new service
· Investigate, prototype and deliver innovative system solutions in a start-up like environment
· Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software
You are a person with a commitment to team work, who enjoys working on complex systems, is customer centric, and thrives on the challenge of prototyping new systems that will eventually operate at Amazon scale.
· Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline
· 3+ years of software development experience developing computer vision, perception, and/or deep learning solutions for robots, autonomous cars or similar
· 3+ years of experience developing software with C++ or Python
· Strong computer science fundamentals in design, algorithms, and data structures.
· Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
· Experience building mission critical, highly available systems and operating 24x7 services
· Experience building safety-critical software
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Age.