Job Description: Senior Risk Manager
Are you ready to apply your risk and compliance expertise to Amazon's unique environment? We are seeking an experienced Risk Manager to join our global Amazon Payments Risk Management team.
The Senior Risk Manager will be responsible identifying, assessing, remediating, and monitoring risks on an on-going basis to support our payments businesses. The role is vital to ensure we comply with local and global legal and compliance requirements. You will have the chance to join a team that partners across the organization to shape the future of Amazon’s evolving risk and compliance programs. We value personality, insight, intellectual flexibility, and sound business judgment.
· Own the global Vendor Risk Management program, identifying and assessing emergent risks as and when they occur.
· Act as the primary Risk Manager for multiple regulated legal entities, identifying and remediating risks and providing updates to Boards of Directors and/or Leadership teams.
· Own, maintain, and annually update policies, procedures, and other governance documents, as necessary.
· Work with internal stakeholders across the business to identify, assess, report, track, and remediate risks and support the development of risk mitigation strategies.
· Work to fulfill existing or create new regulatory or fraud reports.
· Make risk-based decisions and trade-offs impacting annual investment strategies and project prioritizations.
· Maintain a strong understanding of risk management methodologies and frameworks.
· Understand business processes, regulations, and controls and develop meaningful tests to ensure controls are operating effectively.
· Perform operational deep dives on compliance-related processes and systems.
· Identify, gather, track, and report key risk indicators.
· Manage several projects simultaneously with a sense of urgency.
· Work with partners to identify root cause of issues.
· Comfortable dealing with ambiguity.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 7+ years of experience in a financial institution, licensed money transmitter, audit, payments, e-commerce, or operational and risk management environment OR consulting experience with clientele in such firms.
· Former role in audit, enterprise risk management (ERM), or compliance with knowledge of the following regulatory and industry requirements and standards: BSA/AML (including Know Your Customer and Office of Foreign Assets Control provisions), Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, Patriot Act, PCI DSS, GDPR, and PSD2.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will prepare reports and make presentations to senior level management. You will interact with various levels of employees to collect and communicate information.
· Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, technical environment.
· Ability to travel internationally 2-3 times annually.
· Graduate Degree with concentrations in Risk Management, Global Business, and/or Auditing functions.
· Understanding of modern transaction processing environments is a plus.
· Knowledge and previous use of AWS QuickSight highly preferred.