Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a passionate software development manager to lead a development team that is working on AWS Resource Groups and Tag Editor, helping us to make it easier for customers to manage and organize their AWS resource from various AWS services like EC2, S3, ELB or DynamoDB. You will be responsible for managing and growing a diverse team, architecting and operating parts of a highly available platform service, and developing an easy-to-use and compelling user interface. If you are up for the challenge of designing, building and operating the next great product from Amazon Web Services, then we'd love to talk to you!
A successful candidate will be a hands-on manager with an established background in either IT operations, cloud computing, or software as a service. You should have good technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. A big part of your role will be to grow and develop your team members and make them successful in their career. Finally, you will help drive the definition for new features and initiatives or even new AWS services, so you should be comfortable with ambiguity, willing to roll up your sleeves to do the definitional and set-up work needed, and have a high level of ownership and accountability.
- Develop and execute project plans and delivery commitments; handle the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an agile environment.
- Staffing, mentoring, and growing a best-of-class engineering team.
- Operations of the service as a critical system.
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach. Be a hands-on technical leader and contributor.
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
· Several years experience in Software development.
· Proven track-record of building and growing well-functional, happy and successful engineering teams.
· Good English language skills – our team language.
· Living in or willing to relocate to Berlin, Germany.
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, a related degree.
· Experience building scalable infrastructure software or software as a service.
· Experience owning and operating mission critical, 24x7 systems.
· Demonstrable experience building simple and compelling user interfaces.
· Familiarity with identity and access systems (authorization/permissions models).
· Familiarity with modern web application frontends
· Experience with design, UX and accessibility for web applications
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.