Ring is looking for a Software Development Engineer who will help us create the next generation of apps, and services. In this role, you will work as a part of the Neighbors team working closely with a cross-functional team of engineers, marketers, designers, and product managers to design, test, learn, and iterate on solutions in a fast-paced environment.
Ring launched the Neighbors app as a public safety communication tool that allows users to view and share real-time crime and safety alerts with their neighbors. Anyone with an iOS or Android device can download Neighbors and use the app to: view neighborhood activity; share crime and safety-related videos, photos and text-based posts; and receive real-time safety alerts from your neighbors, local law enforcement and the Ring team.
· Design and document distributed systems and micro-services
· Implement robust and maintainable code with clear and maintained documentation
· Delivering customer value in iterative fashion while working towards longer term systems to solve roadmap goals with increasing efficiency.
· Communicate status and changes to the work they are responsible and accountable for, keep all stakeholders informed of changes and updates to original plan.
· Implement test automation on all code implemented through unit testing and integration testing.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
· 3+ years of application development experience with Android
· Development experience in Java and Kotlin Android environments
· Experience with Android frameworks
· Experience applying computer science fundamentals in data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Experience communicating technical problems to both technical and business audiences verbally and in writing
· Experience in mobile design patterns (MVVM), building mobile frameworks / SDKs, building custom UX widgets and optimizing apps for performance (Instruments)
· Experience writing testable code and automating test regressions
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
· Experience developing, releasing, and maintaining an Android app
· Experience with REST architecture for web services
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
· Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Ring's mission is to reduce crime in neighborhoods by creating a Ring of Security around homes and communities with its suite of home security products and services. The Ring product line, along with the Ring Neighbors app, enable Ring to offer affordable, complete, proactive home and neighborhood security in a way no other company has before. In fact, two Newark, NJ neighborhoods saw an over 50 percent decrease in home break-ins after Ring Video Doorbells and Spotlight Cams were installed on 11% of homes in the communities from April-July 2018 when compared to the same time period in 2017. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.