Amazon Quantum Ledger Database, a next generation purpose built database technology was announced in Preview at re:Invent 2018 and is seeing tremendous interest from AWS customers! It is a foundational technology of Amazon's Blockchain strategy and a revolutionary OLTP database with scalable throughput. Join us during this formative period of the product and be a leader in shaping the future of Amazon QLDB as we drive towards General Availability.
Amazon QLDB is a fully managed ledger database that provides a transparent, immutable, and cryptographically verifiable transaction log of all application data changes over time. It offers a SQL-like API, flexible document data model and full support for transactions. QLDB eliminates the need for organizations to build ledger-like functionality when their applications require audit-ability and verifiability, such as, when tracking the history of credits and debits in banking applications, verifying data lineage of an insurance claim, or tracing movement of an item in a supply chain network. QLDB is serverless and highly scalable, allowing customers to scale effortlessly to support the demands of their applications.
We are looking for software engineers who thrive on creative problem solving and enjoy the challenge of operating mission critical systems under extreme loads. An ideal candidate will be able to dive into complex database and distributed systems problems to invent simple and elegant solutions. You will design, implement and deliver cutting edge database software that powers QLDB and drives its high availability, reliability, scalability and performance guarantees. You will care deeply about customer experience and focus on building performant systems that offer idiomatic interfaces to customers. You will have high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, you will drive engineering best practices and be constantly looking for ways to make the systems you own better. You have great communication skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
1) An Intro to Amazon QLDB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7G9epn3BfqE
2) What is Amazon QLDB: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiEbMJ86dGQ
3) AWS Launchpad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APq9PaaZJPA
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer:Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Solid understanding of best coding practices including design, unit testing, and peer code-reviews.
· Demonstrated experience in a tech lead role in large, complex software projects
· Excellent problem solving skills; ability to simplify and innovate.
· Ability to work on a team with diverse experience and backgrounds.
· Experience in developing large scale or complex applications.
· Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, asynchronous architectures and distributed algorithms.
· Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills.