We’re developing the future of transportation that will solve extreme-scale, real world challenges. If you are seeking an iterative, fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation and apply state-of-the-art technologies, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon Prime Air Team!
As a Systems Engineer working in Prime Air, you will own the deployment and management of software.
Responsibilities for this position include:
· Collaborate with system development engineers and SDEs to implement system changes
· Adhere to all InfoSec policies and work with security engineers to implement best practices
· Align and coordinate with Global IT resources to integrate support processes
The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple tasks at once, able to work independently. You must be able to accurately prioritize projects, make sound judgments, work to improve the customer experience, and get the right things done.
Export Control License
This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
· A degree in Computer Science, related discipline, or equivalent experience
· 3+ years full time experience in DevOps, systems administration or related role
· Linux proficiency and experience with running and troubleshooting Linux-based servers
· Experience scripting in some of the common languages, e.g. Bash or Python
· Experience with system and application monitoring, software distribution, patching and maintenance in a Linux environment
· Understanding of key networking concepts such as different protocols
· Experience with Atlassian products (e.g. Jira, Confluence, etc.) Installing, configuring, troubleshooting, etc.
· Proficient at designing software systems; from high-availability large-scale distributed systems to bespoke scripted solutions.
· RHCE proficiency or equivalent experience
· Proficient using Amazon Web Services particularly EC2, S3, RDS, CloudWatch, Cloud Formation
· Working knowledge on AWS Load Balancer
· Proficiency in how Certificate Authority and SSL Certificates works
· Working knowledge on integrating third-party application with Amazon Active Directory or LDAP
· Working knowledge on AWS accounts, Git, Pipelines, Apollo, Nebula CodeDeploy and SentrySSO
· Strong metrics and operational excellence focus
· The desire to work in a fast paced and constantly evolving environment
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Effective project and time management skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.