The Amazon Design Scaled Services (DSS) team is looking for a talented and customer-focused Visual Design Managerto join the creative service team based in Bratislava, Slovakia. DSS is the internal design team that supports Campaign & Creative Services within Amazon Advertising managing creative content across multiple platforms. The team insists on the highest standards and presents Amazon customers with timely, relevant, and beautiful advertising that enhances their shopping experience. DSS applies strategic insights to delight customers - driving discovery, engagement and trust. We persistently strive and thrive on innovating our processes across sites, enabling us to be the most scalable and customer centric design team. We are growing quickly and hiring the best. This is day one.
The Visual Design Managermanages a team of designers who execute design projects (web banner, fire device and template/tailored landing page) and guides them with customer centric creative direction while adhering to all performance metrics. As a Visual Design Manager, he/she should have the ability to deep dive into incoming requests and escalations and prioritize work for his/her team. Should be fluent in communicating with internal teams and stakeholders and keep them informed of the work produced by the team. Demonstrates understanding of performance and leadership principles and effectively applies them to hiring decisions. Is passionate about developing strong, visual design team who excel through creativity, innovation, and attention to detail. Is pragmatic visionary that can translate business needs into a fantastic customer-focused solutions and designs. Must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment.
We are looking for a design leader who can:
· Create the vision for developing, communicating, and implementing the brand and user experience on Amazon advertising platforms and products; follow through with the processes and tactics to implement the vision.
· Build and manage an effective team of production and visual designers.
· Build respect and credibility with stakeholders, management peers, direct reports, and executives.
· Effectively manage and assign priorities and workloads, manage deliverables effectively, and ensure Amazon design policies, compliance and best practices.
· Introduce, develop, and ensure best design practices, processes and communicate quality expectations organizationally.
· Inspire, encourage team to innovate, automate and build in efficiencies in delivery, quality & raising the creative bar by developing effective brand experiences.
· Be a part of leadership team to develop, design, and enhance processes across Amazon platforms, and products.
· Understand how to advocate for customers and integrate user research in the design process
· Illustrate a command of design methods, tools, communication, and presentation skill
Base pay for this position starts from EUR 2.441 gross per month and salary depends on the skills and requirements, there will be further pay components such as a sign on bonus and the eligibility to participate in a restricted stock unit scheme operated independently by Amazon.com Inc. in USA. Company benefits apply subject to further terms, including annual membership in medical clinic, life insurance, retirement pension, meal voucher card, career development.
· 8+ years of industry experience in visual design or related creative discipline
· Superior planning skills to stay one step ahead of the work – you can model needs against high level roadmaps to make fact-based recommendations to management about staffing levels.
· Fluency in English and demonstrated ability leading persuasive presentations to senior management
· Proficiency in design principles (Typography, Composition, Scale, and Color Theory amongst other) and working knowledge of how those principles work together.
· Proficiency in design tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, etc.) and knowledge of various platforms (desktop and mobile) required for their specific role.
· Management of a team who executes designs that follow brand style guidelines and takes it beyond the scope or brief.
· Define, recognize and develop talent and create an inspiring creative work environment and culture. Actively brings out the best in designers, developing both designers and team dynamics.
· Aptitude for analyzing metrics accurately, building models around data to provide solutions and/or improvement to processes.
· Proven experience with rapid, iterative design and development processes
· Knowledge of all creative tools used by digital and print designers and when to use them appropriately
· Track record of building-out large successful design teams
· Master’s Degree in visual/graphic design, HCI, interaction design, or related field preferred. May be substituted with significant industry experience and accomplishments.
· Proficient with the considerations of mobile design ** Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer