The AWS Cryptography Group is looking for an Applied Scientist to advance the cryptographic schemes for our services. We are developing new core cryptographic implementations, new post-quantum cryptographic algorithms, and cryptographic computing models. We are seeking experts in cryptography with the skills to move the latest research into production through software development. This role will be focused on exploring new cryptographic algorithms and evaluating these algorithms to meet the evolving security needs of AWS services. This includes the development of new and efficient algorithms to speed up known algorithms, and the development of optimized implementations.
Your responsibilities include:
- Developing and sharing a deep expertise into cryptographic algorithms in use, or proposed for use within the industry.
- Evaluate proposals for standardization of new cryptographic algorithms.
- Producing reference optimized implementations suitable for inclusion in open source libraries.
- Masters Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Working knowledge in a common development or testing language (C, Java, Python).
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Experience with cloud computing environments.
- Strong software development skills in a common development language (C, Java, Python).