Have you ever thought about helping U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies?
Amazon Web Services is a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. We are building some of the largest and most complex distributed systems in the world, and we need world class people to help us implement and operate them.
The AWS Intelligence Initiative is hiring for a unique opportunity working with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical leaders, while breaking new ground in the U.S. Intelligence Community by delivering an agile software services and infrastructure.
Amazon Web Services' Region Services team is looking for a highly motivated leader to own and grow a Virginia-based team of highly skilled Support Engineers. This team is responsible to deploy and operate an “air-gapped” private community cloud for critical work load.
As the leader you will interact with the AWS RS leadership team and operational leaders across AWS to understand how to best position the AWS Intelligence Initiative team to deliver on current and future needs of each service teams to help continue to scale the AWS organization. You will be responsible for creation and delivery of recruiting and training plans that will closely measure and monitor all critical KPI’s to insure that the induction team is tracking in the right way to support the hiring demand from all service owners and provide AWS trained talent.
This role consists of owning and growing a team of skilled Engineers providing 24x7 operational support for critical software infrastructure components upon which internal and external customers rely. Own and actively manage hiring and developing the best talent for this team along with keeping a high bar for the team consistent with Amazon leadership principles.
· You will need to quickly adapt to new development environments and changing business requirements, learn new systems, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult problems are required.
· Recruiting and Hiring: You will take the lead in hiring quality personnel who not only fit the needs of the current organization but also will allow the team to scale with platform and service growth. You will coordinate with Amazon recruiting staff to evaluate potential candidates, participate in initial phone screens and provide relevant guidance and feedback during on-site interview loops. You will also be responsible for ensuring that proper training takes place for all new hires.
· Operational Excellence: As a manager within the Amazon Web Services team you will be expected to drive operational excellence in everything we do. This includes creating sane processes and procedures, then automating them to improve efficiency in our day-to-day tasks and projects.
· You will own the relationship with your customers and advocate with your software development stakeholders on their behalf to help shape the roadmap of their products.
· You will need to have the technical chops to advise and coach your team through the many challenges they will need to overcome to drive continuous improvement for their customers.
· You will need develop and continuously build upon the vision for your team, motivating your engineer in their pursuit of excellence on behalf of your customers.
· 5+ years of solid LINUX system administration experience, either as an individual lead or manager
· 5+ years experience leading a high-performing engineering/operations/systems administration team
· 5+ years Experience with the following technologies: Systems administration (Linux, Apache, ),Networking (DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP, Load Balancing),Programming / scripting (Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, and/or PHP)
· 3+ Years Experience with event/incident escalation management
· 3+ years Experience with hiring and developing employees including training needs.
· BS Computer Science or other technical degree and/or related experience
· This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· Experience working in mission-critical, operations support environment amongst geographically dispersed teams
· Ability to interact with other teams to diagnose and solve technical problems· Experience driving large, cross-organization initiatives
· Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
· Recruiting Operations leadership experience within a high growth tech company
· Experience with Agile Management
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual