Amazon Music is looking for a passionate Software Development Manager to join our team in Seattle. Amazon Echo and Alexa are magical: you can ask for any music and it plays instantly. But it's still Day 1 for the voice-enabled music experiences, and we're looking for a leader to help us make it even better.
As a Software Development Manager in Amazon Music, you will be responsible for leading the effort to invent and improve the ways that customers can ask for what they want to hear on Amazon Music or in their Amazon Music library. You will lead your team to create new scalable systems to fulfill customer requests, build algorithms to pick the perfect tracks to play, and launch infinitely scalable data stores to help drive the experience. You'll work directly with senior business leaders to find ways to achieve aggressive goals, and innovate to find the perfect customer experience for engaging customers with Amazon Music.
The ideal candidate is interested in being the hands-on leader of a nimble team, passionate about innovating for customers, and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. The role requires leaders with technical depth to guide the development process, and project management skills to insure the proper solution is delivered to customers. The person has an attention to detail to deliver solutions that delight customers.
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
· 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
· 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
· Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related technical discipline
· Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Experience with back-end distributed systems
· Experience working within agile software development lifecycles
· Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, or Java
· Deep hands-on technical expertise in service oriented architecture
· A deep understanding of software development in a team, agile methodologies, and a track record of shipping software on time
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong business and technical vision
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Experience delivering and operating large scale, highly available distributed systems
· Strong understanding of system performance and scaling
· Experience providing high-performing, developer-centric tools and frameworks
· Master’s or PhD in computer science preferred