Amazon Web Services has an immediate opening for an experienced technical program manager to lead and coordinate all data center design engineering and construction-related configuration and data management related activities for our Data Center Global Services teams. The Senior Technical Program Manager will work with a small team to define, align, and improve configuration and data management practices, maintaining and ensuring accuracy, and validation of data information flow and quality across full spectrum of our data center facilities and engineering activities.
The Senior Technical Program Manager will be responsible for:
· Driving data management best practices across the organization.
· Driving and defining data structures and architecture.
· Driving cross-functional business projects across the organization to define, implement, and maintain processes and procedures to support data center design, engineering, construction, and operations.
· Identifying and addressing pain points and mitigating risk by implementing necessary change management procedures while at the same time enabling innovation and efficiency.
· Driving consistency and alignment across multiple organizations to maximize efficiency and minimize re-work.
· Establish and drive adoption of program frameworks, tools and best practices. Share your program management knowledge with engineering leadership teams. Lead post-program analysis to guide future programs.
Candidates must be metrics focused and comfortable making decisions that impact mission critical infrastructure in an operational context. Strong understanding of applicable standards (OSHA, SOX, SAS-70, PCIDSS, EPA), familiarity with ITIL best practices, and an ability to drive a forward-looking organization are needed. If you have passion, vision, and meet these qualifications, this job is may be the one for you!
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
· 3+ years of experience in design and delivery of enterprise-level programs/projects
· 5+ years of experience as a Technical Program Manager in software/web development organizations
· 5+ years’ experience with strategy development, business planning or other enterprise-level projects
· Masters’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
· 5+ years direct management experience of leading and developing teams.
· 3+ years of experience influencing and developing productive working relationships, and leading engineering teams and key stakeholders from different business functions.
· Experience working with small teams and developing ability to thrive in a demanding, change-oriented, fast-paced environment requiring a high degree of deadline-driven productivity.
· Understanding of ITIL best practice and how to responsibly apply those principles.
· Strong written communication skills; comfortable communicating with all levels of the organization
· Ability to comprehend and explain technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
· Excellent leadership, organization, communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
· Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
· Experience managing globally distributed project teams and systems.
· Experience with product development, international manufacturing, and quality measurements.
· Prior experience working within an IT audit capacity.
· Working knowledge of the physical plant within a data center (electrical and mechanical).
· Working knowledge of server-based, storage, infrastructure, and development (test, dev. and prod) environments.
· Working knowledge of AWS products and services.
· ITIL Foundations or related designation.
· PMP, PgMP preferred.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age.