Amazon Payment Products is looking for a highly motivated, customer-focused Senior UX designer to drive engaging user experiences and push the limits of what customers expect from a modern credit services.
You are a senior designer with 8+ years of experience working on real products that people use every day. You are an organized self-starter that can deal with ambiguity and are always on the lookout for ways to improve the customer experience. You are an excellent collaborator and have no problem presenting–and defending–your ideas to other designers, product managers, and company leaders. You understand the value of user testing and prototyping, and thrive in a fast-paced, startup-like environment. Above all you are passionate about solving real problems for real people through research, design, and iteration.
You will work with other members of the design and product teams to create interfaces that are attractive, useful, and usable. You will use market analysis, feedback, site metrics, and usability findings to tailor your designs to the customer in order to best solve their problems. You will be responsible for developing your ideas from concept to completion, presenting them to stakeholders for approval, and working directly with developers to bring them to life.
We are a rapidly expanding team within Amazon focused on creating the best customer-facing experiences for the collection, organization, and enjoyment of personal data and content. We have big ideas, and are willing to take risks in order to realize them. We are small enough to move quickly while enjoying the stability that comes with being an industry leader. We tackle modern, complex problems in innovative ways and create software that improves people’s lives.
· A stellar portfolio of work demonstrating mastery in creating effective user-centered design solutions with measurable results
· You have a strong bias for action and have dabbled in ML in your prior life and eager to dive deeper
· Strong communication skills; ability to listen, present, and sell through ideas
· Self-starter with a positive, proactive attitude and enthusiasm for the hard work required to solve creative challenges preferred
· Ability to create interactive experiences with prototyping software (Axure, InVision, FramerJS, Flinto)
· Expert knowledge of user interface design processes and research methodology
· Working knowledge of human centered design principles and practice
· Proven ability to work within a cross-team environment
· Strong ability to synthesize feedback and input from business leaders, product management, and engineering
· Proven experience designing for consumer focused fintech, banking, insurance related industries
· Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
· Strong understanding of user research methodologies and practice.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.