We are looking for outstanding candidates to join our friendly, international team in one of our Amazon Development Centres.
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated employees thrive and also where employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results.
Our interns join one of our small agile teams at our development centres, launching and growing new initiatives for Amazon's global business. Your team will be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, business analysis and technical design through to development and deployment across a variety of technologies - giving you a real sense of ownership. Together we build systems that meet high standards of performance and reliability and operate at massive scale.
In your internship you can help Amazon rethink image optimisation: signal processing, image optimisation, including lower-level computer vision and ML. We offer internships with a science and software development focus.
Job Responsibilities include
· Develop prototypes stemming from scientific ideas.
· Design, development and evaluation of highly innovative models for training and prediction.
· Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches.
· Working closely with software engineering teams to drive real-time model implementations and new feature creations.
· Working towards a PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Operational Research or in a highly quantitative field
· Understanding of, and practical experience with, machine learning/statistics/image processing/signal processing
· Computer science grounding in a range of algorithms and data-structures
· Proficient in an object-orientated programming language (Python, C++, etc.)
· Excellent critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your beliefs clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form
· Publications in top-tier ML conferences and journals
· Publications in top-tier computer vision/signal processing conferences, journals and/or contributions to relevant OpenSource projects
This is your opportunity to experience a unique environment and spend 3-6 months with a passionate and international team. We offer flexible start dates throughout the year.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on objective criteria including your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all sections of society irrespective of colour, race, religion or belief, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, disability, age or trade union membership. Please let us know if you have any special requirements in relation to this recruitment process.