Want to be part of a dynamic start-up environment within Amazon and build India’s no 1 e-commerce payment gateway platform and thus create history?
Amazon Issuance Payment Platform team at Amazon India Development Center, Hyderabad is looking for a Developer to design and build the next generation Payment Gateway Platform from the ground up. Once built, this real time, highly reliable and scalable platform will process all Amazon India business’s online payments transactions with a goal of increasing current Payment Success Rates significantly and be the best in the industry. This role will require definition/implementation of complex encryption/decryption technologies to securely process transactions at amazon retail scale without compromising customer information. This platform will have multiple innovations(one of them being: building a smart engine which will inform customers in advance(and in real time) about the ongoing success rate of their current selected payment method). This platform will also be designed to support other emerging economies which have similar requirements like India and the role provides a huge opportunity for the developers to build a strong portfolio of patents for Amazon. This platform will also include defining and implementing India payments specific protocols e.g. UPI, IMPS, 1ClickPay and multiple other India Payments initiatives being led by NPI.
We are looking for passionate, software developers for delivering high quality platform solutions that support variety of customer use cases and are extensible to handle amazon scale.
Developers in the team need a strong understanding of Computer fundamentals and practical experience in building large scale distributed systems. Experience with web-based applications and/or web services-based applications, especially at massive scale, is also helpful.
· A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals (based on a BS or MS in CS or related field)
· The ability to take convert raw requirements into good design while exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
· Good understanding of at least some of the modern programming languages (Java, C/C++ ) and open-source technologies (Linux, oracle ).
· Excellence in technical communication.
· Has experience in mentoring other software developers
· BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
· Strong desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
· Excellent written communication and verbal agility are strong assets