Alexa is Amazon’s groundbreaking virtual assistant designed for voice interactions. We believe voice is the most natural interface for interacting with technology across many domains. Our team is responsible for making Alexa smarter by developing knowledge graph technology to help Alexa understand our world.
We are building the deepest and broadest knowledge graph on the planet. We have billions of entities, hundreds of billions of facts, and a robust presentation layer. Every Alexa user needs knowledge, and we’re here to satisfy that need.
As a software engineer, you will join a small team of amazing developers working to build the fastest, most comprehensive, and user-friendly knowledge graph system in the world. You will take complete ownership over feature design, prioritization, and implementation. You will commit code several times a day, and your work will be immediately seen/heard by millions of users. You will launch fast and iterate quickly to build amazing features at mind-numbing speeds.
What you will do:
· Write bullet-proof code that scales
· Participate in product prioritization and development
· Execute on sprints to address system scalability, feature development, and user engagement
· Collaborate with teams across the organization to iterate on design, test functionality, and evangelize feature adoption
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Proficiency in SQL (MySQL) and NoSQL databases
· Experience with large datasets (billions of rows)
· Proficiency with search technologies (ElasticSearch)
· Comfortable working in a UNIX environment
· Proficiency in distributed cloud applications
· A love for optimizing even the fastest code
· A desire to be part of a team that is building world-changing products
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.