We are seeking experienced Business Intelligence Engineer to join Engagement Analytics Group (EAG), a shared team of engineers formed by consolidating analytics resources from organizations across Consumer Engagement (CE). We manage the data infrastructure, data pipelines and analytics reporting for some of the largest consumer engagement organizations. As part of this role, you will be required to provide analytical support to one of the largest managed marketing channels in the world (Amazon Global Search Marketing team).
As a Business Intelligence Engineer in our team, you will work closely with the Channel leaders and Marketing Managers to build self-serve solutions and analyse business performance. You will own the end-to-end development of solutions to complex questions and you’ll play an integral role in strategic decision making. You will have a solid understanding of business intelligence software such as Tableau and an ability to use data for statistical analysis. You will investigate performance anomalies and support the channel leaders at weekly business reviews.
· Developing self-service reporting solutions for marketing and product managers to monitor key input and output metrics
· Partnering with engineers and applied scientists to build analytical solutions for measuring experiments, and automated cause-effect systems
· Conducting deep-dive analysis to answer difficult business questions, and performing root cause analysis of performance variances and anomalies
· Creating business performance dashboards, and presenting key metrics, insights and recommendations during weekly and quarterly business reviews
· Producing written recommendations and insights for key stakeholders that will help shape effective marketing strategies worldwide.
· Supporting business with time-critical tactical data analyses
· Experience in relational database concepts with a solid knowledge in SQL
· Experience building self-service reporting solutions using business intelligence software (e.g., OBIEE, Tableau Server, Micro Strategy etc.).
· Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities.
· Extracting and combining data from various heterogeneous data sources
· Experience working with large data sets in order to extract business insights or build predictive models (data mining, machine learning, regression analysis)
· Broad knowledge of applied mathematics (probability and statistics, linear algebra, mathematical optimization)
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively across various internal organizations.
· Experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, including using AWS technologies – Redshift, S3, EC2, Data-pipeline and other big data technologies
· Experience in Consumer digital marketing
· Experience with languages like R and Python
· Experience with applied data science