Amazon Publishing is seeking a self-motivated, well-connected and creative book publicist to join our communications team in New York. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the proactive and reactive media relations strategies for Amazon Publishing’s books and authors, across a variety of genres. In addition to demonstrated expertise in book publicity, the successful candidate must have an eye for innovation as well as an entrepreneurial and goal-oriented approach to public relations. The candidate should be a strategic thinker, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, start-up culture.
The Publicity Lead will report to the Head of Publicity, Amazon Publishing. This role is based in New York and will require periodic travel.
Core Job responsibilities:
- Drive proactive coverage for Amazon Publishing’s imprints and initiatives
- Plan and execute publicity campaigns to drive awareness for Amazon Publishing books and authors
- Write press materials, pitch and secure top national and local media, including print, broadcast and online outlets
- Coordinate creative and original press launches
- Build excellent relationships with key publishing media
- Collaborate with editorial, marketing and promotional teams in order to drive successful launches and build author brand awareness
- Deliver strategic communications counsel to internal executives on both short and long term challenges and opportunities
- Serve as a spokesperson for the business
· Bachelor’s degree
· 8+ years of book publicity experience
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
· Superior communication and presentation skills and a positive, can-do attitude
· High judgment, particularly in narrow time frames
· Commitment and dedication to driving team goals
· Ability to drive progress and form cohesion amidst ambiguity
· Ability to communicate effectively with internal stakeholder teams and efficiently manage and problem solve any challenges that arise
· Ability to multitask and prioritize own workload
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
· Love of books and reading
· Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects and work flexibly and quickly