Amazon’s Disability and Leave Services (DLS) team in the Employee Services organization is building a best-in-class case management program to deliver leave of absence, disability and accommodation services to Amazon employees across the U.S.
The Document specialists act as an SME for the document admin associates, assign the daily workflow, report the staffing shrinkage to the manager whenever required, ensure the assigned volumes are completed within the specified SLA and in addition to provide individual document management for all types of leave of absence, disability and accommodation life events. They are highly skilled in clinical review, medical document validation and in identifying potential fraudulent documentation. They are experts in document management process.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· Initiate and respond to inquiries about documents related to leave, disability and accommodation events.
· Serve as a point of contact for assigned disability/leave and accommodation POD of case managers to provide holistic document management services, including reviewing and validating medical documentation to adjudicate leaves in compliance with the corresponding leave plans, federal and state laws and benefit plans as defined by Amazon
· Categorizing documents to various leave types. Critically assess and address the document assignment for all the identified and unidentified cases.
· Review the received documents with the reason code.
· Check for identifiable cases for received documents and assign unmatched documents to ‘unidentified category in the database.
· Reads and comprehend the medical record to review, validate and assign them to the Case Managers.
· Assist employee through calls and emails for document submission.
· Notify case manager of the new document
· Address and respond to sensitive situations
· Troubleshoot issues and seek to remove barriers before, during, or after a leave event with respect to documentation.
· Respond to employee impacting issues that may arise during the leave event and ensure the right communication occurs with respect to documentation and adherence to state and federal laws.
· Address and respond to sensitive documentation on priority
· Identify and solve problems that may arise, sometimes with limited information
· Ensure compliance with a standard work, federal/state regulations, and company policy
· Maintain system records to ensure accurate and timely information/documentation
· Consult, coordinate and partner with the case manager and other internal or external departments/systems or vendors as appropriate
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree from accredited university or equivalent experience
· 4 years of experience as a leave of absence and/or disability claim manager, with experience using a document management system, reviewing documents for eligibility, determining the appropriate leave and/or disability pay benefits that apply to a specific situation, and establishing/executing a document management plan.
· Can be substituted for 2 year as a document management specialist with 2 year of experience in Human Resources or customer service in a leave and/or disability field
· Knowledge of US laws, federal or state Leave and Disability regulations, specifically ADA/ADAAA and FMLA
· Intermediate proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint
· Experience with Document Management software, EDMS, SharePoint, or any Web based document management software.
· Experience working multiple projects or cases independently in environment with changing priorities
· Experience working with confidential information
· SPHR, PHR, or CPDM certifications, or equivalent
· Experience providing case management services for a large, multi-state employer or on behalf of a carrier/TPA with clients in multiple states
· Experience with global service and employee delivery
· Strong problem solving, time management and priority setting skills
· Experience providing guidance to employees or managers on leave of absence, disability plan, accommodation, human resources, benefits, or employee matters