At Amazon Game Studios (AGS), we see gaming becoming the largest entertainment form on Earth. Access to massive computing and communications has fueled massive growth in communities of players, broadcasters, viewers, fans and game developers of all sizes. At AGS, we are seeking the industry’s best talent to help us create, publish and support multiple games being developed in our Seattle, San Diego, and Irvine studios. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Amazon’s tools and technology, including Twitch, AWS, and more, to shape the future of games. You will work alongside talented industry veterans, including key contributors from dozens of titles: League of Legends, Half Life 2, Left for Dead, Portal, Thief, System Shock 2, Age of Empires, Dawn Of War II, Halo, The Last of Us, Gears of War, The Sims, and Bioshock.
If you want to deliver high quality releases for state-of-the-art game technology, Amazon Game Studios is the place for you.
Who you are:
The ideal candidate is a natural problem solver with a passion for gaming, enjoys working with developers, producers, and QA Engineers to enable them to develop automation and continuous integration of code, enjoys tackling complex testing challenges, and obsesses about the quality of game development constantly. You’ll have the freedom (and encouragement) to experiment and innovate, to improve existing processes and invent new ones, and not be limited by “that’s not how we do things here.” You’ll have a tangible impact on the productivity of studios, our games, our business and -- most importantly -- our customers. And you’ll have the satisfaction of being able to look back and say you were a key contributor to something special from its earliest stages.
What you'll do:
As a Sr. Software Development Engineer (SDE) on the Platform Team, you will design and build our dashboards, automation frameworks, test harnesses, and tools that enable continuous testing, integration, and deployment. You will design tools that help studios define their release processes and develop repeatable and automatable QA systems. You will work with Product Managers, Quality Assurance Engineers (QAEs), Software Development Engineers in Test (SDETs), and SDEs on our internal games, and leverage AWS technology to understand features and technical implementation. You will identify use cases, create tools, define test frameworks, and create qualitative and automated test technology that reports to stakeholders on the quality and reliability of their products. You will guide SDEs in building the right unit and functional tests, define and measure quality key performance indicators (KPIs), and develop automation to enable Continuous Integration & Continuous Testing across the AGS games portfolio.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
· 5+ years of shipping large-scale services.
· 5+ years experience C# or C++, or Python.
· 2+ years experience creating and expanding automated testing tools and frameworks.
· Experience with AWS.
· Game industry experience (3+ years) working on large-scale, commercial online game services.
· Experience with automated testing frameworks, tools, services, and physical devices, preferably with testing/automation on consoles (PS4 and/or XBoxOne preferred).
· Strong understanding of QA tool development chains and environments.
· Strong understanding of service-oriented architecture and product development lifecycles.
· Experience automating software applications, especially enterprise-level systems.
· Experience working in an Agile and Test Driven Development environment.
· Experience with sampling and instrumented performance profiling tools.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.