How can we better predict talent movement (promotions, transfers, attrition) and quantitatively identify the root causes? When does internal movement make the biggest impact on Amazon talent? How do we effectively leverage Econometrics, predictive algorithms, machine learning, UX design, and service-oriented architecture to build the tech platform that allows us to answer these critical questions? These are among the most important challenges at Amazon today.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager on the World Wide Operations Talent Products Team, you will work closely with economists, applied research scientists, ML engineers, software development engineers, data engineers, Product Managers, and UX designers to answer these questions and develop the technical platform and internal-facing products to enable and manage these insights at scale. As a team, we will shape the strategic direction and inform talent decisions at the highest levels of Worldwide Operations, helping us to become the world’s most scientific and technically proficient Human Resource organization.
In this role, you will be responsible for scoping and delivering large technical projects end-to-end. Responsibilities include writing technical specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing production launches. As a Sr. TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current web technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in, and get the job done.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, are passionate about helping those around you reach their fullest human potential, know how to deliver, and view technology as a way to disrupt and reimagine talent management processes like rotation and promotion, we want to talk to you.
· 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field
· Experience managing efforts in distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications
· A first-hand working knowledge of current web technologies
· Experience with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project
· Past experience working with multiple-stakeholders across different organizations and teams.
· Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects