AbeBooks’ mission is “to help people find and buy any book from any bookseller”. As a part of this mission we work daily to help customers discover our marketplace and the millions of books available from thousands of booksellers. This is challenging and equally rewarding for a truly global marketplace for rare and collectable books. We feel proud to provide a seamless experience to buyers from over 200 countries purchasing products from sellers representing over 60 countries. Our sites get millions of page views every day, and we promote millions of books across several marketing channels. We like to think we know what we’re doing, and we’re always keen on learning and improving.
About the Role
As a member of the Seller Tools team you will have an incredible opportunity to learn and navigate among dozens of products and technologies that make up the AbeBooks marketplace. You will appreciate the complexity of the business domain, and learn to value simplicity in software intensive systems. You will dive deep into the seller lifecycle including seller registration, onboarding, inventory management, and account management, and help to think of new ways to delight our customers. You will help us to evolve our client-facing products and server-side systems and explore the intricacies of full stack development including REST APIs, database technologies, front-end frameworks, and object-oriented software design. You will have the opportunity to work with Amazon teams and Amazon technologies (especially AWS) as we take advantage of capabilities of our parent company.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field or equivelant professional experience
· A minimum of 3 years of experience with object-oriented design and programming experience in C/C++, Java, or Python, preferably on a UNIX or Linux Platform
· Knowledge of SQL as well as non-SQL alternatives, and when each is the right choice
· Amazon Web Services (AWS)
· Devops tools and culture
· Take pride in being able to refactor code safely
· Growth mindset and curiosity to learn new things
· Self-starter and able to work independently with minimal guidance
· Work well in a team
· Have customer obsession and a passion for delighting them