Amazon is looking for a driven, customer focused, team-oriented, and analytical leader to join the Home team.
The Sr. Vendor Manager will be responsible for the total P&L of a set of subcategories in Home, setting the strategy for driving growth, creating strong partnerships with vendors, adding selection, managing category profitability, optimizing pricing, and delivering a disruptive customer experience. This includes identifying potential brand and product business opportunities, building direct relationships with key suppliers, negotiating contracts, terms & conditions, managing vendor setup and new item setup processes, working with suppliers to build comprehensive selection, setting prices, developing collaborative marketing and promotions, driving sales and margin improvements.
The right candidate stays on top of industry and competitive trends, and is able to execute at both a tactical and strategic level to drive selection, sales, and margin growth. In addition, the Sr. Vendor Manager must be an effective leader and communicator in working with Amazon.com partners and vendors, as well as with internal groups such as control buying, site merchandising, marketing, PR, finance, operations, and retail systems.
The ideal candidate has strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management. Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills are musts. The Sr. Vendor Manager is an effective leader and communicator and a seasoned problem-solver.
· Bachelor Degree or 5+ years of relevant experience in retail or e-commerce desired (buying, account management, product management, operations, project management, finance, or a related field)
· Experience communicating with internal and/or external stakeholders
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results – self-starter and self-directed
· Experience with business analysis and proficiency in Excel.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with attention to detail – prioritization, planning and task delegation
· MBA or relevant experience
· Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
· Technical aptitude and agility to learn web-based tools
· Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
· Proven negotiating skills, influencing abilities and long-term relationship management experience