Do you want to make a worldwide positive impact? Work in one of the most innovative companies in the world? Engage into a continuous learning environment? If you answered yes, come and join us! Together we are going to shape the future of Fashion eCommerce! Being part of our team, you will help millions of people to get inspired, discover and buy clothing online.
We are looking for a Sr Applied Scientist to join Amazon’s Fashion Tech team. Amazon fashion's business is a dynamic, fast growing business and a key strategic focus area for the company. We need bright and very talented people to help us fulfill our mission of making Amazon Fashion the most loved Fashion destination in the World!
You will play a key role in the new developments and innovation Amazon is driving within the Fashion category. You will design, develop, train and evaluate the models that will allow Amazon customers globally to discover one of the biggest selections in the industry. You will work closely with Business partners on identifying opportunities and with Software development teams supported by industrial scale development tools.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a strong, creative and highly motivated Applied Scientist, who will lead our efforts on providing a most enjoyable visual experience and the best suited recommendations for our customers.
We are recruiting someone to help us on shaping a long-term vision through personalization and computer vision techniques with different deep learning techniques that will learn from petabytes of data.
You will research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches and you will also participate in the worldwide Amazon ML community.
We need a creative and analytical problem solver to live Amazon's motto: “Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.”
· PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Machine learning or related field.
· 5+ years of relevant, broad postdoc experience in designing and developing machine learning models to solve complex problems.
· Publications in top-tier ML conferences and journals.
· Knowledge of Software Development with experience in Java, C, C++ or other object-oriented language.
· Proficiency on Python, R, MATLAB or similar scripting language.
· Strong fundamentals in problem solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis.
· Strong communication and data presentation skills
· Experience in at least one of the following Computer Vision, Image Processing and Understanding or NLP
· Experience in Machine Learning applied to Personalization and Recommendation Systems.
· Significant peer reviewed scientific contributions in at least one of the previous relevant fields.
· Experience with related AWS services and large datasets.
· Extensive knowledge and practical experience with recommendation systems (i.e. collaborative filtering technique) and deep neural networks, including convolutional neural networks (CNNs), recurrent neural networks (RNNs) etc.
· Strong personal interest in learning, researching, and creating new technologies with high customer impact.
· Experience with defining organizational research and development practices in an industry setting.
· Proven track in mentoring and growing teams of scientists.
Take a look at https://www.aboutamazon.com/research to learn more about research highlights and publications from the Amazon science teams.