Join a team that's building next generation, highly scalable services using the AWS cloud, workflows and Java. Our Web portals and services will drive new customer experiences for the Amazon Digital products such as Amazon Prime, Kindle eBooks, Amazon Video, Digital Music, and much more.
As a Quality Assurance Manager, you will create and implement a strategy driving the quality of our products to a world class level while managing a team of Quality Assurance professionals. In addition to experience with building and leading successful test teams, we're looking for someone to drive quality through both software and process improvements and drive engineering excellence across multiple development teams.
The successful Quality Assurance Manager will be obsessed with quality improvement, experienced and highly committed to creating world class automation for regression and feature testing across multiple products, able to develop and drive a high-level test strategy for each product, take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy, and building a longer vision for the value your team will bring. In this role, you will:
Work with business and development teams to understand product vision and requirements
Understand how all elements of the multi-team services stack work together and develop QA approaches that fit the overall strategy
Be responsible for development of test strategies and creation of appropriate test harnesses
Oversee the development and execution of test plans and monitoring and reporting on test execution
Lead a team comprised mostly of SDETs to ensure the highest quality product delivery
Lead various quality initiative and work closely with engineers to drive continuous improvement initiatives across various QA teams
· 7+ years of experience with at least 3 years in a QA Manager role
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of technical education and experience.
· Strong QA background with experience in identifying and reviewing test plans, test cases and testing results.
· Proven track record in identifying and implementing automated testing tools and frameworks.
· Solid track record for delivery of high quality products.
· Strong people management skills with a proven track record in hiring, developing and retaining high performing talent.
· Strong project management skills, preferably with experience in an agile development environment and continuous integration.
· Experience in testing web technologies and back-end services. Understanding of Java technologies.
· Experience in preparing quality metrics and effectively engaging with stakeholders to set and drive quality goals.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation