Selling Partners are a critical part of Amazon’s vision of offering the earth’s largest selection and lowest prices. Selling Partners offer hundreds of millions of unique products, providing a broad and diverse inventory of products from Books, Electronics, Apparel, Consumables and beyond.
Our team is made up of people like you. People who are: Entrepreneurial - We build solutions for Buyers and Selling Partners, regardless of size. Innovative - Our problem space evolves every day due to scale, new categories and new geographies. There is no playbook, so innovation and creativity are a must. Passionate - We are passionate about our customers, both Selling Partners and Buyers. Everyone’s an owner at Amazon, and our team is no exception. Our business is growing fast and the pace is even faster. We invest in our team members, providing challenging roles with significant responsibility. Coaching and mentoring is taken seriously to ensure we continue to build a company we can be extremely proud of.
Amazon’s Customer Trust and Partner Support (CTPS) team is responsible for protecting our customers across every Amazon product line. The CTPS Finance team is looking for a Financial Analyst to support Selling Partner Abuse, the team that finds and close gaps that lead to abuse and create and enforce selling policies. In addition this role will interact with teams that protect brands on Amazon, ensure buyers get the products they expected and work to increase Selling Partner’s trust. This role is a mix of working with business partners to drive insights and analysis and FP&A across many teams.
Key responsibilities for this individual include:
· Driving standardization and automation of planning and reporting processes
· Partnering with business teams to understand trends in operating cost and building out models to forecast future cost.
· Developing new reports and metrics to drive business insights.
· Identify and communicate financial risks and opportunities to management.
· Contribute in the annual planning cycle by forecasting, quantifying impact of opportunities, and influencing business priorities/strategies.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision.
· A fast learner who can quickly absorb the nuances and behaviors of Amazon's varied system architecture.
· Able to drill into large amounts of data and extract meaningful business metrics.
· An effective communicator who is able to adapt their communication style to different audiences.
· Able to manage multiple competing priorities.
· BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent
· Minimum 3 years of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· Experience in SQL or ETL
· Advanced Excel skills
· Excellent analytical skills
· Experience using business models, budget comparisons, and forecasting
· Team focused with strong interpersonal and communications skills
· Ability to draw concise, well supported recommendations based on a detailed analysis
· Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple assignments
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.