Interested in working on a new mobile initiative? Help us build new mobile experiences and impact our customers world-wide. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!
As a QAE, you will design and define our QA processes and develop repeatable and automatable QA systems. You will work with Product Managers, QAEs, SDETs, and SDEs on our internal game and AWS technology teams to understand features and technical implementation. You will identify use cases, create test plans, define test strategies, and create manual and automated test cases in order to report to stakeholders on the quality and reliability of our products.
At Amazon you are not a pure black box tester; you will be able to understand software internals, debug problems, and automate repetitive tasks with scripting tools or user-level automation tools. You are also the customer advocate and owner of the customer experience for our product.
In this role, you will:
· Create global test plans and test cases.
· Review user interfaces for conformity and functionality.
· Efficiently execute test cases across all functional and UI areas of our products.
· Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution.
· Interpret and report testing results and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process.
· Drive metrics and KPIs
· Build scripts and automate critical tests
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar technical field, or equivalent experience
· 3+ years of experience as a developer, QA Engineer, or SDET
· 3+ years expertise in black box and grey box testing methodologies, test processes, and working with standard QA and development tools
· 1+ year of basic C++ and/or Python programming
· Game industry experience (2+ years) working on cross-platform games or on game engine/core technology platforms, is a plus.
· Linux, Console, and/or Mobile testing experience highly desired, but not required. · Solid understanding of QA tool development chains and environments.
· Familiarity with service-oriented architecture and product development lifecycles (including C++, Java, XML, messaging protocols, and Web Services).
· Advanced coding skills, with Python or C++ preferred
· Experience writing code for multitasking operating systems.
· Creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness.
· Highly methodical test discipline, applicable to all product UI.
· Ability to operate within short CI/CD release cycles
· Ability to understand functional and technical specifications and analyze data and output logs
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age