Location options include Virtual (US), Seattle WA, Arlington VA, Berlin DE, and Amsterdam NL.
The way applications are developed, tested, built and deployed is changing under our feet. Machine Learning, serverless applications, containers require new approaches. To get us into this new world, Amazon's source code organization is looking for a Software Development Engineer who wants to take source-control systems beyond the current state of the art.
If working on cutting-edge technologies like graph theory and building for infinite scale is for you, it’s time to apply!
On a typical day as a Senior Software Engineer you might do the following things:
· Write, test, build and release software using a fully automated CI/CD pipeline
· See your innovations in use by real customers – small, large and really large
· Review your feature designs with some of the leading minds in distributed systems and Big Data
· Work in a team-oriented, solution-focused environment
· Be the technical visionary, customer advocate, service operator, and engineer for the existing Amazon source code experience
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Fluency with at least two of the following programming languages: Java, C#, Python, Ruby, node.js
· Open Source tools know-how (e.g. git, Jenkins, ..)
· In-depth knowledge of CS data structures and algorithms
· Proven track record of customer obsession and team work
· Strong problem solving ability and object-oriented design skills
· Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline
· Track record building high volume distributed systems and related technologies like consistent hashing and locking, replication, load balancing etc.
· Experience with systems engineering and operations of Internet-scale services
· An advanced degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related field
· In-depth knowledge of source code management systems, git, graph databases
· 6+ years of Software Development Experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.