Do you have an interest in global taxation? Do you enjoy research, have a strong tax accounting and compliance knowledge base, and want to expand that to a global reach? Do you like international travel? If so, you might be the perfect fit for the role of Senior Manager in the Foreign Reporting and Compliance Team!
In this role, you will research tax law in all foreign countries, develop global standards on how to report under those laws, and work with our foreign offices to implement those standards. The Foreign Reporting Team owns the tax position reporting and compliance for these issues. To ensure Amazon is being consistent with its reporting positions, and that those positions are properly analyzed and documented, the Foreign Team requires a Senior Manager in the head Seattle office to manage this area and coordinate with all the global owners.
The primary responsibilities of this role will be:
- Analyze existing reporting positions to ensure consistency across each geography;
- Liaise with all foreign owners affected by a particular issue and
- Document the base facts of the issue, along with local country nuances;
- Document the analysis of the facts and the reporting position; and
- Ensure Amazon is taking no undue risk from inconsistent reporting positions;
- Liaise with other stakeholder groups across Tax and Finance to discover new issues with a global reach and perform the above listed activities for those issues;
- Coordinate with US Federal and US Outbound groups to ensure all foreign reporting positions are aligned with the priorities of those groups;
- Communicate status updates and emerging issues within Tax Leadership;
- Develop and Maintain a master global tax reporting position matrix; and
- Ensure reporting positions are properly disclosed in financial statements and tax returns.
· 12+ years of direct tax experience
· University Degree in Accounting / Taxation or equivalent
· 6+ years experience with cross-border income taxation laws
· 6+ years experience with accounting for income taxes under US GAAP, IFRS, or similar accounting rules
· 6+ years of tax operational background and ability to drive process improvements
· Secondary University Degree in Tax or Law Degree desirable
· Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Accountant, or equivalent preferred
· Experience with Oracle Financial Applications
· Strong project management skills
· Occasional international travel required
· Fluency in English
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.