Amazon is all in on games. We believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the live streams and e-sports of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, and want to help developers around the world succeed and build these next-generation games -- come join us.
We are an Amazon Web Services (AWS) team obsessed with helping game developers revolutionize the way they build and run their games, helping them bring their ideas to market faster and at a lower cost. We aim to address game development challenges for customers at any scale. Our solutions are used by Indie developers working on mobile games, as well as some of the largest studios building triple-A titles for consoles and PCs.
We are looking for a technical product manager who is passionate about delivering solutions that enable game developers to build games faster and more cost effectively. This roles requires an expert in data-driven product development, the ability to leverage their deep full-stack knowledge to define technical requirements, a leader who thinks big, isn’t afraid of complex challenges, and moves with urgency and focus to drive key initiatives that positively impact our customers.
· Proactively understand game developers problems and incept large-scale ambitious projects.
· Define the vision, business and technology strategy for the service including North Star metric(s) and KPIs for measuring results.
· Develop roadmap and tactical execution plans for solving customer problems.
· Lead execution of projects including building project plans.
· Unblock teams and provide clear frameworks for making day-to-day decisions.
· Ensure flow of communication in all directions including to management and key stakeholders.
· Drive broad adoption and provide an unparalleled customer experience.
· Understand growth levers and ensure execution is measured against those levers.
· Drive commitments from internal teams including Marketing, Solutions Architecture, BD, and Sales.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline.
· 5+ years in product/software engineering or consulting.
· Experience defining user experience, developer APIs and running A/B tests.
· Experience designing, building and shipping Software as a Service (SaaS), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), or Platform as a Service (PaaS) sold to and/or integrated by a technical customer.
· MBA or Master’s degree in a related field.
· Experience designing or building and shipping successful software products at scale.
· Experience with gaming technologies and/or cloud computing.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age