We are looking for a Game Director to join our Amazon Game Studios team in Orange County to develop a new Lord of the Rings MMO game. This person would work to advance the amazing cultural experience of gaming, from broadcasting and big worlds, to large-scale social connections.
As Game Director for Lord of the Rings, you will guide development and planning for this project. You will work with experts in design, art, and technology to build the best player experience possible. You should have end-to-end development knowledge of large scale MMO, RPG, and Action Combat games with universal appeal. You will be responsible for building the right team to ship the game at high quality. You will drive to integrate the gameplay with experiences outside the game, in creator content, community programs, and live streams. You will be the first to spot and respond to industry trends, innovations and breakthroughs. You will shape the identity and strategic direction of this game, with a stake in the public expression of everything we do at the studio.
At Amazon, we believe the evolution that began with arcade communities a quarter at a time, growing to the massively shared live streams and online experiences of today, will continue to a future where everyone is a gamer, and every gamer can create, compete, collaborate and connect with others at massive scales. If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us!
· Articulate vision holder who strives to build games that amaze players
· Drive consensus, create alignment, build and inspire teams
· A history and understanding of work in AAA deliveries
· Wealth of knowledge in building and managing large-scale multiplayer games
· Experience leading live service teams, balancing customer feedback with a design and feature backlog
· Determined simplifier, capable of expressing a vision with a lean and elegant feature set
As Game Director, you will report to the Studio Head at Amazon’s Orange County game studio. Below are the foundational responsibilities of the role.
· Ensure the gameplay and content align to deliver on the promise of this property, delighting fans across the world
· Business ownership of the title along with production – P&L, resource appropriately to deliver on time
· Assemble a team of astounding talent and ability, recruit and evangelize
· Manage and inform rights holders on progress; collaborate with them to make the property better
· Measure and refine your programs to increase impact and engagement – constantly make a great team even better
· Partner with leaders to emphasize player value while building a healthy business
· Develop processes to mentor, inspire and empower studio talent
· Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
· 2+ Project Lead for a Multiplayer Live Product
· 5+ Years Implementation of experience on AAA product
· 3+ Years People Management or Mentor-ship
· 2+ Released Titles in the principle leadership Role
· Passionate gamer with in-depth knowledge of MMO’s, live-service, and games-at-scale
· Direct tools experience in a major game engine and pipeline
· Experience getting a product to ship; bringing together technical, design, production and business to satisfy customers
· Experience with P&L management, resourcing, team building
· Proven leadership on one or more major releases from concept to customer
· Strong presence and influence at all levels, from line developer to stakeholder
· A complete product cycle building, launching, and supporting a game with a live service component
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age