Ring is looking for an organized, hard-working, and motivated full-time Public Relations Coordinator to join the Communications team in Europe. Sharp communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and time management are essential to succeed in this position, as well as a strong interest in public relations, project management, and technology.
This position will report to the Head of European Communications, working alongside teams across Ring’s global team and Amazon to support the execution of European PR communications strategies. and offers an opportunity to contribute to our evolving PR team. You will be part of a small but growing team based in the center of Amsterdam.
A successful candidate will be able to work fast, manage multiple priorities, show ownership of agency coordination, and support communications colleagues across the entire Ring organization as needed. They will be able to complete complex tasks and projects quickly and react with appropriate urgency to situations that require a quick turnaround. This role requires the ability to work successfully in a team environment and build effective working relationships inside and outside of the organization, while showing extreme attention to detail. The ideal candidate will have experience pitching media and will be expected to think and act both strategically and tactically.
· Coordinate pan-European PR agencies
· Manage pan-European product review inventory and oversee the shipment of media units
· Write press backgrounders prior to briefings, create press releases, pitches and other content to secure media including print, broadcast and online outlets
· Manage the upkeep and organization of a central inventory of approved, requested and pending media materials and outreach templates and maintain strategic positioning and messaging documents
· Stay up-to-date on current events and local socio-political factors in key areas; flagging urgent developments internally while informing press backgrounders and overall PR strategy
· Work with copywriters to draft content for media kits, websites, brochures and other marketing materials
· Track local press coverage and maintain documentation
· Ensure thorough internal vetting and swift response to all inbound media inquiries
· Create and maintain events/awards/speaking engagement calendars and submissions
· Execute various administrative tasks including scheduling
· Supporting Head of Communications with additional tasks as needed
· Bachelor's Degree in marketing, communications, or journalism required
· 2+ years of experience in PR, preferably within the tech or a consuming-facing brand
· 2+ years of experience building and managing media relationships that resulted in positive coverage
· 2+ years experience writing and editing press releases. Experience as a copywriter / editor or managing a website / blog a plus
· Fluency in English necessary. Proficiency in additional European languages a plus
· Highly organized with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
· Experience supporting PR strategies for major events or companies
· Excellent writing, copy editing and proofing skills
· Ability to think innovatively, creatively and strategically, to multitask and change course if necessary, to achieve desired results
· Proactive mindset and ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to deliver results under tight deadlines
· Thrives in a collaborative environment and willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
· Team player who can collaborate with coworkers and agencies at all levels
· Demonstrate a positive, can-do, go-the-extra-mile attitude
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighbourhoods safer. From the video doorbell to the DIY Ring Alarm system, Ring’s smart home security product line offers users affordable whole-home and neighbourhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighbourhood security accessible and effective for everyone – while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.