The Community Shopping team shapes products and technology used daily by millions of people around the world, and is responsible for many central Amazon experiences including Customer Reviews, Wish Lists and Feeds. It is also responsible for Shared Content Architecture, an one-stop-shop solution for teams in Community Shopping and across Amazon for leveraging community generated content and related metadata across all devices, placements and services, to inspire customers and boost contribution of content.
In this organization we own Inspirational Shopping. Our team has embarked on the bold direction to inspire shoppers and bring “window shopping” online by providing shoppers with a compelling experience when they do not know exactly what they want.
We’re looking for a data driven, strategic, technology-focused and customer-oriented leader to own Content Understanding. You will be responsible for leading the technology, product and science teams to deliver a set deep learning systems that will connect the right content with the right people at the right time in their shopping journey to inspire them. You will build new machine learning models, leverage statistical algorithms, and partner with other science teams at Amazon that are also solving this important problem..
A successful candidate will have strong sense of ownership and creativity; a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, and great communication skills; a proven track record of mentoring and earning the trust and motivation to achieve results in a fast paced, high quality, international and diverse environment.
· 8+ years experience managing, including software engineers
· Proven track record in successful managing complex cross functional programs
· Good knowledge of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, OO design, distributed systems
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Strong mathematical and analytical skills
· Strong sense of ownership
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills including an ability to influence and communicate with all levels in the organization.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.