Amazon Game Studios is seeking a UI / UX Designer to join our team in sunny Irvine, CA. This designer will work with our Gameplay Designers and UI Engineers to express the many social and gameplay features of our upcoming massively multiplayer The Lord of the Rings game.
We aspire to make a game that is “different at a glance” from The Lord of the Rings games and media that came before us. As a UI / UX designer, you’ll play a major role in establishing that unique look.
As with any MMORPG, we must provide a dizzying array of interlocking features. Your creativity and good judgment will be critical in simplifying and communicating those designs, and ultimately creating a UI that is a joy to play in its own right.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Translate written large-complexity game system and feature designs into end-to-end, high-fidelity visual mockups.
· Generate animated mock-ups showing how your designs move and respond to user interaction.
· Present designs with passion and clarity, and respond well to feedback.
· Translate wireframe designs into high-quality, high-polish art pieces that conform to our art direction and rise to the quality level customers expect in a AAA video game.
· Utilize scripting language to tune animations and layouts to perfection.
· Apply user research to evaluate and iterate upon your work.
· Generate high-quality sketches, graphics, templates, layouts, themes, typography, and other assets suitable for use in game software or for brand promotion and merchandising.
· Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Digital Communications Design, Entertainment Technology, Visual Arts, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
· 3+ years of professional experience as a UX Designer, Graphic Designer or related occupation.
· Reviewable portfolio, including multiple examples of your UX design process from wireframes to mock-ups, as well as examples of live, interactive software you have authored.
· Credited as a UX Designer or Artist on one or more AAA game titles.
· 3+ years of experience prototyping UI using tools such as Sketch, SketchUp, Principle, Flinto, Flash, Axure, Adobe XD, or Framer.
· Experience using Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop to create UI assets for a video game.
· Experience using Adobe After Effects to create video or image asset sequences for a video game.
· Experience working within a style or branding guide established by others.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age