Amazon is looking for an entrepreneurial Vendor Manager (VM) to help develop new business for the fast-paced and growing Pets category. This is not your playbook VM role. The Vendor Manager will work on a highly visible team responsible for building his/her own business from the ground up and will own all aspects of their business. He/she will develop long term relationships with vendors’ senior management, complete vendor setup on Amazon, conduct hands-on vendor training and workshops for Vendor Central (VC), unblock operational, logistical or business issues for vendors, and analyze all available data to identify drivers of growth to unlock vendor's business on Amazon.
Successful candidates will be highly adept at earning trust and can demonstrate an ability to influence some of Amazon’s most important partners and vendors, as well as internal cross-functional teams. They must be excellent problem solvers, great at identifying potential obstacles, implementing quick work-around solutions, and inventing and simplifying tasks to drive scale. The ideal candidate will be an autonomous self-starter, comfortable navigating ambiguity with a bias for action, and be able to deliver results in a fast paced business environment where prioritizing and multi-tasking are essential.
· 3+ years professional experience in retail buying/planning, sales, management consulting or related experience.
· Bachelor’s degree Required
· Professional experience in negotiating with internal and external stakeholders
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; strong bias towards data-based decision making; and experience with financial analysis and P&L ownership
· Experience managing large data sets and utilizing to drive performance and process improvements.
· Proficiency with Excel and extracting data through varied reporting tools in order to drive and influence business decisions
· Fluent in English. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Up to 40% travel required
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Statistics, Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain, Engineering or a related field
· Proven ability to manage large and complicated projects with experience leading cross-functional projects and teams
· Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast paced environment
· Strong proficiency in analysis tools including Microsoft Excel, SQL, and statistics software
· Experience with selection, pricing, operations, and marketing strategy
· Experience working with external and internal stakeholders at senior level