As we grow our business, the Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) International team is seeking to hire a Government Transformation leader, responsible for leading AWS’ government transformation engagements with public sector customers in Latin America, Canada and the Caribbean (LCC).
They will be an experienced technical practitioner who has delivered technology transformation at scale in government and/or regulated industries. They should also be internationally recognized as a thought leader and effective communicator, capable of leading the government transformation agenda across the LCC geography.
The Government Transformation Leader will assist public sector organizations as they address and strategic challenges of transitioning to digital government.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
· Supporting public sector organizations in the process of transitioning to digital government.
· Establishing - and delivering in partnership with leading business schools in the region - the Executive Education program in Government Transformation.
· Developing government-specific services to accelerate business transformation
· Evangelize cloud computing at the C-suite level and contribute to driving user adoption and engagement
· Acting as an advisor and help public sector organizations facing strategic challenges.
· Building strong, long-term relationships across public sector organizations in the LCC geography and wider WWPS engagements
This person will be physically located in LCC, Seattle or Washington Metro Area and must be available to travel 50-60% of the time.
· 10+ years in leading government transformation programs
· 10+ years of government financial modelling, business case development and treasury policy experience.
· 5+ years of government digital services experience
· Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
· Articulates to senior level public sector stakeholders the value proposition of transformation and an inspiring vision for change, creating opportunities to develop markets and customers.
· Open data implementation experience.
· Wardley Mapping (or similar value chain/situational awareness mapping) experience.
· Deep technical knowledge.
· Significant international leadership experience.
· Track record of building rapport with senior customer executives.
· Experience in senior government decision making role is desirable.
· MBA or comparable education preferred
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age