Amazon Game Studios is looking for a highly talented and motivated Senior Character Tech Artist to join our team. This individual will work closely with the Tech Art Lead and other stakeholders to help design, build and maintain the Crucible Character pipeline and tools. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of character and creature anatomy, rigging, tools development and maintenance.
At Amazon, our goal is to create great PC games. We believe in ground-breaking games that can redefine the boundaries of player experience and change the way the world sees digital entertainment. Games have the power to connect people on a massive scale, and creating these experiences will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art. We seek the best game developers in the world to join our team and become the architects of this vision. Join us, and you’ll have the power of Twitch, AWS, and the entire Amazon ecosystem to shape the future of games. You will work alongside talented industry veterans, including key contributors from dozens of titles: Half-Life 2, Left for Dead, Portal, Second Son, Thief, System Shock 2, Age of Empires, Dawn Of War II, Halo, Shadow of Mordor, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Gears of War, Guild Wars 2, EverQuest and H1Z1.
In this role you will:
· Work with the Tech Art Lead to expand the Character Tech Art pipeline.
· Own and maintain the character and creature pipelines.
· Work with key stakeholders to optimize and build systems that meet expectations.
· Collaborate with multiple teams to design AAA characters.
· Write tools that empower the team.
· Work with other Tech Artists to build and maintain documentation.
· 1+ AAA titles shipped on a current generation console, PC, or cinematic as a Tech Artist with an emphasis on character & creature development / rigging.
· 5+ years of experience as a Tech Artist / Tech Animator developing character rigs within Maya.
· Portfolio demonstrating a wide variety of character and creature rigging.
· Scripting and tools experience.
· Strong understanding of Maya and Maya workflows
· Experience developing in multiple DCC apps.
· Well versed knowledge of character and creature anatomy.
· A keen eye for proper form throughout a wide range of movement.
· Strong knowledge of topology and its relation to deformation.
· Experience in character implementation pipelines.
· Able to prioritize requests based on project goals.
· Ability to drive a new rigging system and workflow.
· Experience developing and maintaining animation blend trees & state machines.
· Ability to collaborate with multiple teams.
· Able to build and maintaining expectations through transparency with teams.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age