Do you want to work in a start-up environment with the resources of Amazon behind you? We’re building a new team in the Seattle area where you will have the opportunity to define the customer experience of our web console. You will work with smart, driven, innovative engineers, while working in the heart of the city in one of Amazon's nicest buildings boasting amazing views of Puget Sound and Lake Union.
At Amazon, we strive to be the most customer-centric company on earth. We love to drive results with data. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. We are seeking that rare combination of solid coding background, good design sense, an aptitude to apply cutting edge technologies at scale, and a willingness to challenge the status quo and raise the bar on every service and feature we build.
The ideal candidate will be innovative, have great problem solving, analytical and technical skills. They will own the design and implementation of major deliverables end-to-end. This position requires collaboration with UX designers, product managers, technical program managers, software engineers and partner teams, necessitating a comfort-level with ambiguity and a desire to create, iterate and improve. You demonstrate exceptional customer relationships skills and love to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests. You enjoy simplifying complex problems and tackling tough challenges.
If this sounds like you and you are looking for a high morale team that drives results that influence the experience of AWS customers, this is the right place for you.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
· 2+ years of professional front end development.
· Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node
· Deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as React, Angular, Thyme Leaf, JQuery, etc.
· Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback
· Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
· Masters degree in CS or an engineering discipline
· 5+ years of professional front end development.
· Experience building reusable UX components or libraries
· Strong UX design skills
· Experience building scalable, distributed, front-end experiences