We are growing and taking on more to make the world safe for ecommerce. Amazon.com's Buyer Risk team is a centralized technology team that protect all of Amazon’s businesses and services from fraud and abuse. These systems, invisible to the customer, work seamlessly across the billions of transactions occurring simultaneously around the world. We are pioneering new techniques to detect and neutralize bad actors that attempt to abuse our policies.
Buyer Risk designs and builds high performance software systems using machine learning to identify and prevent abusive transactions. Abuse prevention is a real money game where our software and science teams strive to outsmart those who attempt to defraud Amazon and our customers. Come build with us! Every dollar of abuse that we prevent is a dollar of profit for Amazon or its 3P Sellers, a dollar that could be reinvested to deliver new features for our customers. Because of Amazon's huge scale, this a great opportunity to add hundreds of millions to the bottom line.
Buyer Risk is seeking an innovative, results-oriented, customer-centric Product Manager Technical to drive innovation in the Buyer Abuse space. In this role you will define use cases, analyze the potential customer and financial implications, select the most promising ideas, prioritize them, create a cohesive roadmap and drive delivery of results.
The successful candidate will be expected to own and deliver our goals in partnership with business, software, science, and operational teams. He or she will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented, and have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. He or she will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.You must have a passion for breaking down complex problems, understanding customer needs and delivering holistic solutions through continuous improvement.
· Interact with key stakeholders to define the metrics, measurements and tools to quantify business goals.
· Champion on behalf of Amazon and our Customers, from identifying new products and features, to helping uncover issues currently impacting our Customer Experience.
· Develop the user experience, goals, stories and requirements that will be used to create product specifications
· Define and manage programs to protect Amazon and our 3P Sellers from Buyer Abuse, including socializing your vision and results with Senior Leaders across Amazon.
· Interface with partner and technical teams to identify opportunities to innovate, develop our business and pitch ideas.
· Define and manage near-term and long-term product roadmaps, managing trade-offs and competing priorities.
· Communicate (both verbally and in writing) program successes, failures, lessons learned and mitigations plans to stakeholders.
· BS in Engineering or technology related field.
· 7+ years in technical product management.
· Demonstrated data-driven decision making and quantitative analysis skills (including deep knowledge of Excel, SQL, or statistics).
· 3+ years incorporating machine learning into products.
· 3+ years’ experience in managing complex projects that include ML or data sciences, data analytics – involved in gathering requirements and driving the projects through to implementation (managing the What and the When NOT the How).
· 7+ years’ of Product/Program Management managing multiple development teams at the same time.
· 7+ years identifying gaps in the product, prioritization and how it ties to the vision. What, why and when - for the internal user community.
· Proven ability to self-manage work and move forward in the face of ambiguity.
· 10+ years experience experience diving deep to understand the customer, product, complex technologies, and business, while product and development best practices.
· 10+ years experience building product market fit with new and emerging technologies.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.