Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides developers and their organizations with web services and products that enable them to innovate faster and to operate their software more cost effectively. The AWS Identity team builds secure identity, authorization, governance, and resource management systems for the AWS Cloud. Our products provide the core authentication and authorization technologies used to access all AWS services (such as Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, and Amazon DynamoDB) and help customers meet their individual security requirements.
As the lead of an outbound-focused product management team, you'll ensure our customers make the most of our rich and broad portfolio of services to set up and operate a secure environment as they scale. To do so you will define positioning, messaging, and the go-to-market strategy across that portfolio. With a focus on adoption and customer success, you'll collaborate with AWS marketing, business development, and field teams to develop materials that support the outbound strategy with a data-backed understanding of customer success patterns. This is a great opportunity to help customers of all types, from startups to the largest enterprises, to accelerate their journey to the cloud.
· Synthesize product inputs from across our portfolio into a comprehensive go-to-market strategy
· Analyze target market segments and design forward-thinking positioning approaches for each segment
· Apply a deep understanding of industry and competitive context to shape messaging about how our solutions address customer needs
· Oversee content development across vehicles including Web, social media, events, and sales enablement materials to ensure messaging is consistently communicated and reinforced
· Evaluate and drive experimentation to determine the effectiveness of go-to-market channels and propose areas for further investment
· Work effectively across AWS with groups such as sales, business development, product marketing, and evangelism to achieve business goals
· Build and develop a multi-functional team to achieve outbound objectives
The successful candidate will be a leader who thrives in a rapidly growing environment that features a broad product portfolio. She or he communicates clearly and compellingly, synthesizes multiple inputs to frame the overarching story, and collaborates effectively with team members and a range of stakeholders. The leader will be able to think strategically, but will also roll up their sleeves to ensure that strategy is implemented effectively.
· 8+ years product management, product marketing, and/or business leadership experience in a technology context
· Proven track record of delivering results for large, cross-functional initiatives while managing multiple competing priorities
· Experience managing a team of Product Managers to deliver results and measure success
· Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
· Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing technology concepts
· Strong strategic aptitude; proven ability to define a winning go-to-market strategy and gain buy-in from stakeholders at all levels
· Demonstrated track record in crafting compelling technical product positioning, messaging, content, and programs
· Experience analyzing data from disparate sources in order to identify trends and drive conclusions and recommendations
· Ability to partner effectively with other functions such as business development, solutions marketing, and sales
· Demonstrated experience building and leading diverse product teams with an emphasis on scaling them to meet the demands of a rapidly growing geographically distributed business and effectively mentoring team member growth