As a Sr. Technical Writer within the AWS Solutions Architecture organization, you will work within a stellar technical content team to ensure our solutions content is relevant, accurate, easy to find, and fresh. As a technical writer you will work with solution architects in AWS to develop whitepapers, blog articles, reference and conceptual documentation.
Your success enables AWS customers to learn which solutions address their needs as well as how to implement their chosen solutions. What makes this role exciting? It’s a great opportunity to partner cross-functionally with like-minded individuals who are similarly obsessed with helping our customers build their success on AWS.
Amazon is deeply committed to being a leader in the web services marketplace. We use data to understand how well we are meeting our goals. We’re not afraid to switch gears quickly as needed. We provide a safe environment to explore, experiment, and iterate in support of better customer experiences. We are kind, and you are, too.
The ideal candidate has excellent writing, editing, time management, and communication skills. You will bring a critical eye in support of our customers. Your technical background enables you to interact effectively with Solutions Architects, Product Managers, and Program Managers. You are curious and enjoy learning new technologies. As a strong collaborator, you have backbone and advocate on behalf of our customers, yet you are able to commit and disagree when needed.
· Work with solution subject matter experts to gather information: why the solution is important (business value), what it does, how it’s architected, and how to implement it. Being able to ask great questions and advocate for customers is an important part of this role.
· Write and edit technical content for many formats: blog posts, implementation guides, whitepapers, user guides, and presentations.
· Use AWS to setup and test solutions as needed while developing technical content.
· Optimize the online content you develop for search engines.
· Write and edit content using XML authoring tools and Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) content management system (CMS).
· Collaborate with web analytics (business analytics) partners to develop customer insights and recommended actions regarding the content you manage.
· Apply and contribute to editorial style guides as needed in support of our different publishing mediums and channels.
· At least seven years of experience as a technical writer in the software field.
· At least two years of experience authoring technical content using a markup language, such XML.
· Experience working in a CMS platform; Adobe AEM a plus.
· Exceptional writing, editing, collaboration, and communication skills.
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment
· High-level understanding of cloud computing, IT infrastructure, and different programming languages.
· Experience using web analytics to measure content performance and identify actionable insights.
· Experience measuring SEO performance and optimizing content to increase organic traffic.
· Experience managing content for translation and localization.
· Bachelor's degree in English, technical writing, or related field, or comparable job experience.
· Editorial and project management experience.
· Experience working successfully in teams and helping others in your team succeed.
· Other preferred locations: Seattle WA; Portland OR; Herndon VA.