Join us as we launch a new Amazon grocery store in Woodland Hills. We are passionate about creating a shopping experience that customers will love. If you are customer-obsessed, like learning new things, and want to contribute to end-to-end store operations for a new business, this is the place for you!
We are looking for a Store Manager who can bring Amazon’s customer obsession to life in a retail environment. You will be accountable for the end-to-end operations and overall performance for your store, leading a team of assistant managers and engaged retail associates to deliver a best-in-class experience for customers. You will be responsible for store operations and metrics that include sales, labor, customer satisfaction, productivity, and safety, among others. You will play a vital role in maintaining a vibrant store culture based on customer obsession, trust, respect, continuous learning, safety, and fun.
Store Managers are skilled operators who are also comfortable with ambiguity and are experienced in leading large teams to deliver exceptional results. Store Managers demonstrate a strong work ethic, excellent ownership, the ability to meet deadlines, a willingness to learn new things, and a commitment to the customer and employee experience.
In this role, you will:
· Manage a team of assistant store managers and associates, including setting goals, relaying expectations and managing performance, providing regular feedback, and supporting career development.
· Prioritize and delegate effectively to drive exceptional results in your stores, including executing standard operating procedures, identifying areas of improvement, implementing solutions, and providing ongoing feedback to store employees.
· Own the customer experience for your store, maintaining a positive employee culture built on Customer Obsession and Amazon’s Leadership Principles.
· Create and maintain a culture of engagement by routinely listening to feedback from leaders, associates, and customers and implementing solutions to solve problems.
· Analyze store data and identify areas of opportunity, determine root causes, and implement solutions to continuously improve the overall performance and culture of the store.
· Represent your store during weekly business meetings and to other leaders and partners as needed.
· Perform store walks and other audits and engage with associates on the floor, modeling behaviors of success and jumping in to fulfill associate activities when needed to provide a great customer experience or develop others.
· Create and maintain a safe, clean, and secure environment to ensure the security of all employees, customers, and products in your store.
· Must be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
· You are comfortable working in a physical environment. You have the ability to lift up to 49 pounds and be on your feet for a shift, up to 10 hours at a time with or without reasonable accommodation
· Be available for occasional overnight travel outside your assigned store, district, or region.
Candidates must be at least 18 years of age. Amazon does not sponsor for immigration, including for H-1B, TN, and other non-immigrant visas, for this role.
· 6+ years of retail or operations experience, or 2+ years of Amazon operations experience.
· 3+ years of people management experience, including 2+ years as a manager of managers.
· Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Operations Management, or related area.
· Experiencing directing store operations and managing budgets.
· Experience working independently in an ambiguous environment with minimal supervision.
· Demonstrated ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and implement effective solutions.
· Demonstrated success in problem solving and delivering results.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Passion for Amazon and committed to delighting customers.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.