Amazon strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can research and make informed buying decisions for a physical good or for a digital product. We set audacious goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them.
Kindle is an iconic product and a thriving business adored by customers around the world – but it’s still “day one” in inspiring the world to read more and get more out of reading every day, across all their devices. We are looking for a Senior Product Management for Kindle who can strategically unlock the next stages of our growth and continue to delight more and more customers around the world. You will drive the strategy and vision for your functional area, and oversee the development and management of a product roadmap based on that strategy and vision.
The successful candidate will have led popular “must-have” consumer apps across platforms, combining creativity and passion for amazing customer experiences with a growth hacker mindset approach. She or he must be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple products and apps that customers love.
· Inspire customers by consistently raising the bar on what it means to have the best digital reading experience in the world across all content mediums.
· Set the vision for new customer experiences across the Kindle reader ecosystem, in partnership with our UX and engineering teams.
· Define the feature sets, business requirements, measures of success, and roadmap for your experiences.
· Drive and deliver these experiences to market.
· Learn from customer feedback, behavioral measurements, and other data sources to craft better experiences and ensure we are building the right features over time.
· Make decisions around build versus buy to optimize around time-to-market.
· Create buy-in for your functional area vision both internally and with key external partners.
· Provide mentorship and best practices to the broader Product Management organization.
· Bachelor’s degree from a top university, or appropriate work experience on well-loved technology products.
· 1+ years post-MBA, or 3+ years’ work experience performing relevant product management job functions.
· Mobile experience across top-tier platforms or relevant consumer software experience.
· MBA from top business school and a BS in Computer Science or related technical field from a top engineering school.
· Concrete experience managing complex digital products (preferably end customer facing) applications through multiple lifecycles.
· History of developing cross platform mobile products, especially ones which have cracked the top 100 mobile apps
· High attention to detail including proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
· Analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
· Ability to clearly communicate these data insights to others.
· Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
· Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape.
· Experience managing a small team of product managers.
· Experience relying on analytics and data to shape product decisions and empower tracking the effectiveness of change.
· Passion for reading (if you don’t love reading, you probably don’t want a hand in building its future).
· Experience working with a cross-functional team across design, marketing, and engineering team to meet goals.
· Superior verbal and written communications skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation