Amazon’s Worldwide Operations Employee Relations (ER) team is looking for a Program Manager with a demonstrated passion for building innovative new tools and processes for our Associates and leaders. The Employee Relations team is responsible for reducing risk to the business by deploying programs to empower the next generation of high-performing, Associate-centric frontline leaders. Our programs are global in scale and we continually innovate to transform and improve the employee experience. Candidates must have a successful record of building new programs, improving existing portfolios and executing at scale.
The Program Manager will play a critical role in advancing our mission. You will join a tight-knit team of ER professionals, including former HR, operational, program and legal leaders and will help shape the roadmap of this team. You will be supporting Amazon's Worldwide Operations portfolio, and have impact on the daily work of over 600k+ Amazonians.
· Own Program Design & Development: Lead complex company-wide projects through the full lifecycle of design, development and execution, ensuring their timely and effective delivery. Your work will encompass things like program build/launch, continuous improvement of existing programs, establishing standard work and building reporting/analytics tools.
· Teach and Lead Project Management: Get hands on with project plans, scheduling and planning, monitoring and status reporting against planned deliverables, benefits and milestones, resource and program tracking, development and management of risk, issue and action logs, testing and rolling out the final program, while bringing others on the team to your PM skill level.
· Build Analytics and Measurements: Possess exceptional analytical skills, comfortable working with large amounts of data and communicating data findings. Analyze key metrics to uncover trends and root causes that inform program design. Measure outcomes and outputs of projects and process improvement endeavors. Leverage quantitative results to inform direction of the business.
· Obsess Over the Voice of the Associate and Managers: Develop a keen understanding of the voice of our Associates and managers. Combine data and anecdotes to develop perspective. Ensure perspective is at the forefront of program / product development and deployment.
· Deliver Innovative Solutions: Challenge current practices and think outside the box to generate creative ways to scale ER programs and develop innovative solutions raise the bar and exceed the customer expectations.
· Drive Communication: Own communications to program participants and stakeholders that cut through the noise of competing requirements and facilitates action.
· Lead Cross-Functional Collaboration: You will partner with teams including technology, business and services organizations to bring solutions to life for Associates and teams. You will build collaborative, influential internal and external relationships with Operations and HR leaders and other critical stakeholders to gather information, feedback and earn support and necessary resources to design and deliver programs.
· Master of Problem Solving: Troubleshoot issues independently and drive them to closure with minimal supervision; persevere in the face of internal and external barriers.
· Able to travel lightly: This is a position that may require occasional planned travel domestically and internationally, depending on program assignment.
· Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 6+ years program management experience on a global scale.
· Global experience (program launches in multiple geographies simultaneously).
· Project/Program management certification.
· Lean/Continuous Improvement experience or certification.
· Exposure to or working experience with Agile development methodology
· Experience communicating with all levels of an org entry level through C-suite.
· Knowledge of data analytics with tools such as Tableau, SQL.
· Ability to understand, troubleshoot, and describe complex processes and issues to non-technical and technical colleagues.
· Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team.
· High-level leadership and decision-making skills.
· Able to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
· Proven track record implementing quality programs with spirit of continuous improvement.
· Strong analytical, process development and problem solving skills.
· High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
· Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to propose complex solutions and explanations in writing.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age