Finance is all about the numbers…unless you work at Amazon; it’s knowing the numbers and so much more. Enthusiasm and energy help us deliver new ideas, and solutions. Do you view problems as treasures, and are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? Will you seek to challenge the status quo, and accept that your ideas and mechanisms may be tested daily? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires we work with a dynamic network of Operations, HR, Tech and Retail partners. We help others understand finance and are *the* trusted business advisors by employing every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision. Come teach us a few things, and we’ll teach you a few things as we navigate the most customer-centric company on Earth.
Amazon is seeking a highly analytical and resourceful Senior Financial Analyst to support the growing NA Transportation Operations Management Team. Amazon transportation is continuously innovating on behalf of our customers to deliver more selection quickly and at lower prices. In this role, you will drive profitability and customer experience by directly impacting the development, planning, and execution of our Amazon’s transportation network. In this role you will be required to quickly grasp the business economics that allow you to understand the bigger picture while also gaining an understanding of how to develop newer levels of proficiency for reporting this financial data within our network. You will need to capture the right level of detail enabling you to communicate clearly and succinctly with finance and business leaders to influence strategic and tactical decisions. Given the nature of this initiative, you will have to venture into unknown territory, and help the team learn how to succeed in this new space.
This is a great opportunity for a successful finance professional to be part of a new team and establish the metrics, mechanisms, roles & responsibilities, and operating parameters to effectively monitor, manage, and report on Amazon’s NA Transportation Operations Management team.
· Work closely with business partners, stakeholders, and other finance teams across transportation, fulfillment, supply chain, and technology teams to reduce cost while improving customer experience
· Build forecasting models and operating plans to support network growth initiatives and challenge cost assumptions
· Extracting, combining, and summarizing data to analyze the financial impact of new initiatives, and effectively communicating key findings to senior leadership to influence and support tactical and strategic business decisions
· Developing metrics and reports to provide controllership to new programs
· BA/BS Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering or similar discipline with analytical bias
· 4+ years’ relevant experience in positions that require analysis, reporting financial results, forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and data interpretation of business impact and results
· 3+ years’ experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using data reporting tools
· 3+ years’ experience with Excel advanced functions (macros, index, conditional list, arrays, pivots, lookups)
· 3+ years’ experience working with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
· MBA from a highly regarded school, professional certification such as CFA, or 5+ years of relevant experience performing financial or other quantitative analyses with demonstrated career progression
· Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MS Access, Essbase and/or Cognos)
· Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with peers and various levels of management
· Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (macros, pivots, lookups)
· High capacity to prioritize workload and achieve effective results within tight deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing, and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age