The International Private Brands organization seeks a Financial Analyst II to support the scaling of our high-growth International Private Brands businesses. This is a high exposure opportunity that requires strong financial leadership and partnership with multiple business teams across countries. The Finance Analyst II will own all aspects of developing and reviewing metrics with business leadership as well as collaborate across Amazon to ensure successful launches of new brands and products.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with strong business partnership experience and proven abilities to manage complex projects and effectively dive deep into the details when needed. This person will partner with leaders across several teams including operations, retail category leaders, third party merchant managers, merchandising and marketing teams to provide strategic guidance, tactical direction, and decision support.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Lead and support cross-function analytics projects for senior leaders, with financial modeling, data mining, and presentation support.
• Ensure a high level of financial controllership, maintaining data integrity.
• Lead budgeting and forecasting efforts for the projects this role supports.
• Partner with your business teams, develop weekly / monthly financial close activities, planning, and reporting models while overseeing their continuous innovation and communication to your business partners
• Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely
• Provide strategic financial modeling for key decision support and validating financial/operational results.
• Recommend, develop, and implement policies / programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability
· BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or similar discipline with analytical bias and 3+ years of experience in a financial analysis/data analysis/statistical analysis role/reporting financial results
· Experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using data reporting tools
· Enjoys collaborating across teams and functions
· Ability to exert sound judgement and operate independently
· Basic SQL
· MBA, CPA or CFA
· Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
· Proficiency in SQL
· Demonstrated financial modeling and analysis skills
· Experience with financial reporting
· Highly analytical and detail oriented
· Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
· Proven ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Customer focus and professional demeanor
· Process improvement experience (ideally Lean and/or Six Sigma)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation