The AWS Directory Services team is looking for a strong Support Engineer to join our Operations team. We create and manage highly-scalable Directories with operational precision, and focus on the hard problems so customers can focus on their business.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we “Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History.” On a “typical” day, engineers might deep dive to root cause a customer issue, investigate why a metric is trending the wrong way, consult with the top engineers at Amazon, or discuss radical new approaches to automate operational issues.
As a Support Engineer you will work with a wide variety of technologies and projects that range from third party enterprise solutions to open source and proprietary inventions to solve for the business needs. The ability to build productive relationships with colleagues at remote sites around the world will make you successful in this role as will patience and a sense of humor. You can expect to constantly learn new things and expand your knowledge to meet varying business demands.
Primary responsibilities include troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing production issues, developing monitoring solutions, performing software maintenance and configuration, performing SQL queries, updating, tracking and resolving technical challenges. Responsibilities also include working alongside development, updating/enhancing our current software, automation of support processes and documentation of our systems.
The ideal candidate must be detail oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, can juggle multiple tasks at once, is able to work independently and can maintain professionalism under pressure. You must be able to identify problems before they happen and implement solutions that detect and prevent outages. You must be able to accurately prioritize projects, make sound judgments, work to improve the customer experience, and get the right things done at the right time.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· At least 2 year of Linux experience
· At least 2 years Systems Administration/Engineering experience
· At least 1 years scripting or programming language such as Perl or Ruby
· At least 1 years experience with Identity Systems such as LDAP, Active Directory, or Samba.
· Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues.
· A history of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results in a dynamic environment.
· Must be a self-starter and motivated.
· Ability to work in a diverse team environment.
· B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field.
· Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results in a dynamic environment.
· Creation of baseline metrics and monitoring of service health.
· Demonstrated skill and passion for operational excellence.
· Experience with Active Directory technologies
· Experience with agile software development practices
· Experience conducting failure mode analysis in complex distributed systems