It’s no secret that Amazon relies on its technology to deliver millions of packages every day to its customers – on time, with low cost. The Middle Mile Transportation Technology organization, builds complex software solutions that work across our vendors, warehouses and carriers to optimize both time & cost of getting the packages delivered. Our services already handle thousands of requests per second, make business decisions impacting billions of dollars a year, integrate with a network of small and large carriers, owner operators and drivers worldwide, manage business rules for millions of unique products, and improve ordering and delivery experience for millions of online shoppers. That said, this remains a fast growing business and our technical journey has only started. With rapid expansion into new geographies, innovations in supply chain, unique delivery models for products ranging from AmazonFresh groceries, ultra-fast Prime Now deliveries to big-screen TV’s, increasingly complex transportation network, and growing number of shipments worldwide, we see a brand new opportunity to fundamentally change the way people get the stuff they need, and make a big impact by cutting billions of dollars of transportation costs from the ecosystem. Our mission is to build the most efficient and optimal transportation solution on the planet, using our technology and engineering muscle as our biggest advantage. We aim to leverage cutting edge technologies in big data, machine learning, and optimization techniques, and operate high volume, low latency, and high availability services. As part of this team you would work on technology product and program management for an exciting and confidential initiative in the middle mile transportation organization. You will regularly interact with executive leadership and work with business teams to define product strategy, develop the product development road map, technology architecture and execution. You’ll work in a fast paced environment and will be required to lead not only at the strategic level, but also tactically day-to-day by diving deeply into business and technical domains. As a multi-discipline leader, the buck will stop with you - you will work alongside engineering (dev and test) organization. To accomplish this, you will be expected to have an established background in technology product development, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building good software as well as making that software achieve its operational goals. Experience with building and operating mobile applications, web-based applications and/or web services-based applications, especially at massive scale, will be very applicable and helpful. Prior experience in leading multiple disciplines will be a big plus as well. Come and see for yourself why we are one of the most admired companies in the US, rated #1 in Innovation and # 1 in Customer Service, and be part of our tradition of working hard, having fun and making history!
· Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, engineering or the equivalent experience
· 4+ years of professional experience with 3+ years of product management or program management experience
· Proven track record of taking ownership and delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
· Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver projects or products on tight deadlines
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
· MBA or Master’s degree.
· Logistics experience
· Demonstrated experience shipping commercially successful products to global market segments
· Experience managing complex product development cycles
· Proven record of innovation and thought leadership