Principal Product Manager-Technical, Alexa AI Intelligent Decisions Platform – Seattle WA
Come set the strategic direction for Alexa’s Intelligent Decisions Platform in the Alexa Artificial Intelligence (AI) organization. Alexa AI organization’s mission is to “Invent AI capabilities to complete customer interactions naturally and without any friction, anytime and anywhere”. Our Intelligent Decisions Platform team builds the foundational Artificial Intelligence technology that is responsible for determining the best action to fulfill customer requests once we understand what they said and what they meant based on the context.
Alexa is at the forefront of customer and scientific innovation in the area of machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI). Our AI will be customer-centric, leveraging the latest scientific methods to create productive, natural interactions for our customers as they go about their daily lives. As Principal PM-T for Intelligent Decisions Platform, you will own one of our strategic initiatives for unlocking new areas of opportunity in working with various business units at Alexa, and magnify our impact through enabling those business units. You will work with these business units, your customers, to understand and prioritize requirements, recommend to leadership whether and where to invest in the platform, define and articulate the problem statement, lay the framework for iteratively solving for it, and finally define, own, and execute the platform roadmap, You will own delivering new platform capabilities in collaboration with Science and Engineering, or leverage existing platform capabilities as needed to solve these new problems. You will determine the program success criteria and metrics. You will report the program updates and goals to leadership.
You should be a problem solver who is excited by hard never-been-solved before challenges, and enjoys working with Science and tech teams collaboratively. You should be somebody who is passionate about leading programs that have both broad influence and unique science and technical challenges to solve, and equally comfortable interacting with business units on their business needs. You must enjoy a close-knit team environment of shared responsibility. This role requires great technical expertise, and ability to dive deep into the science based challenges and solutions we solve on a daily basis. The ideal candidate will have experience leading delivery across Science and Engineering disciplines, and an established track record of delivering large complex programs as well as effectively influencing up and across the organization.
• Lead platform vision for unlocking new areas of opportunity for various business units at Alexa
• Define creative, high quality, and clear product roadmaps based on stakeholder needs, team strategy, and vision
• Develop detailed, crisp business requirements, and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for the capabilities offered
• Manage prioritization and trade-offs among needs of various customer and stakeholder groups, as well as, system performance and scalability.
• Create buy-in for product vision and roadmap both internally and across key partners
• Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic or technical goals
• Bachelor in Science/Technical discipline
• 7+ years of product management experience
• 5+ years of defining, building and managing platforms at large scale
• Experience with Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence systems
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and programs
• Experience defining multi-year platform strategies and executing on associated roadmaps
• Experience coordinating requirements across customer or stakeholder groups
• Masters of Business Administration
• Broad technical breadth and depth including familiarity with Machine Learning
• Proven track record of delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and driving innovation on behalf of internal and external customers
• Comfortable assessing and taking risks
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs, and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
• High attention to detail including precise and effective stakeholder communication, and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation